Meet Dr. Pabst.
Certified Doctor. 15 years experience.
Dr. Pabst received her Doctoral and Masters of Arts degrees from the Illinois School of Professional Psychology. She completed extensive training at The Pain and Rehabilitation Clinic of Chicago, the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago's Center for Pain Management, the VA Pacific Islands Health Care System, and Kaiser Permanente.
Doctoral Degree in Clinical Psychology
Illinois School of Professional PsychologyRolling Meadows, IL. APA-accredited Clinical Psychology Program
Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology
Illinois School of Professional Psychology
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
Michigan State University
East Lansing, MI.
Balance Health & Wellness | Chicago, IL
• Provide respiratory, skin conductance, surface electromyography, heart rate variability and thermal biofeedback therapy to children and adults, in a private practice setting.
• Conduct physiological stress response assessments.
Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation | Chicago, IL
• Provide group relaxation training and stress management education.
Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago – The Center for Pain Management | Chicago, IL
• Provide sEMG, respiratory, skin conductance & thermal biofeedback therapy to adults suffering from chronic pain, impaired biomechanics, & musculoskeletal ailments.
• Conduct treatment/program evaluation research.
• Facilitate relaxation-training groups.
Kaiser Permanente, Department of Adult Psychiatry | Campbell, CA
• Conducted intake evaluations.
• Provided individual short-term psychotherapy.
Advanced Doctoral Practicum Student
Pain and Rehabilitation Clinic of Chicago | Chicago, IL
• Provided short-term and psychoeducational group therapy.
• Provided EMG, respiratory and thermal biofeedback.
• Completed headache and chronic pain evaluations.
Interaction Dynamics | Chicago, IL
• Provided individual and family therapy.
• Completed psychological and family-bonding assessments.
Doctoral Practicum Student
St. James Hospital and Health Centers | Olympia Fields, IL.
• Administered and interpreted objective, projective and intellectual assessments.
• Provided inpatient group therapy.
Bremen Youth Services | Oak Forest, IL.
• Completed diagnostic intake evaluations.
• Provided individual, family and group therapy.
Masters Practicum Student
Bremen Youth Services | Oak Forest, IL.
• Provided long-term individual and group therapy.
• Facilitated psychoeducational parenting classes.
Kamehameha Schools | Honolulu , HI.
• Planned and implemented psychoeducational in-home visits to parents and families.
• Consulted and collaborated with community agencies.
Research Team Member
Department of Veteran Affairs | Honolulu, HI
• Biofeedback study using Telehealth technology.
• Duties included: diagnostic interviewing, biofeedback therapy, and administration of pre/mid/post assessment measures.
Center for Pain Studies: Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago
Northwestern University Medical School | Chicago, IL
• Conducted a biofeedback outcome study.
• Duties included: development of biofeedback questionnaire, administered study protocols, and data management.
Clinical Research Project
Dissertation entitled: The Relationship Between Depression and Disability in Chronic Pain
Presentations / Posters
Illinois Association of Naturopathic Physicians Conference:
Pabst, E. (2016, October) Biofeedback as a pain management tool: a case based approach.
Mind Body Medicine & Natorpathic Practice.
Biofeedback Federation of Europe ConferencePabst, E. (2015, March) Biofeedback as a pain management tool: a case based approach.
Interdisciplinary Pain Management News and Views Scientific Conference.Pabst, E. (2014, September) Biofeedback relaxation training principles in pain management.
Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation.Pabst, E. (2014, August) Biofeedback and applied psychophysiology for persons in recovery.
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
Pabst, E. (2014, April) Introduction to biofeedback.
Division of GASTROENTEROLOGY
Adler School of Professional Psychology.Pabst, E. (2014, March) Psychophysiological instrumentation and recording.
The National Sexual Assault Conference.Pabst, E. (2013, August) Biofeedback: more than just deep breathing.
American Pain SocietyLavesky, F., Barrett, S., Pabst, E., Stanos, S., Gagnon, C. (2011, May) Impact of self-efficacy in biofeedback and relaxation training within an interdisciplinary pain management program.
Association for Applied Psychophysiology and BiofeedbackLavesky, F., Barrett, S., Pabst, E., Stanos, S., Gagnon, C. (2011, May) Impact of self-efficacy in biofeedback and relaxation training within an interdisciplinary pain management program.
Midwest Pain SocietyPabst, E., Barrett, S., Lavesky, F., Gagnon, C., Stanos, S. (2009, October) Biofeedback Outcomes for an Interdisciplinary Pain Management Program: Self-efficacy.
Lincoln Park Location
2559 N. Southport Avenue Chicago, IL 60614
(Inside of Vital Origins Integrative Health)
or call (773) 492-8010 to schedule
West Loop Location
1019 W. Fulton Market Chicago, Il 60607
(Inside of The Pazio Institute)
or email firstname.lastname@example.org